Service Desk Technician – Level I
Job Description Overview
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone and e-mail and Social Media to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or University degree in a technical field (or) Help Desk work experience highly desirable.
- Certifications in MicroSoft, Cisco desirable.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC’s, Mac platforms, printers, WiFi routers, smartphones and tablets.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows XP, Vista, 7. 8, 8.1x and all Mac operating systems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent English as primary language.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Independent Contractor with ability to work from home.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse.
Fluency in English is mandatory. Spanish as a second language.
COMPENSATION: 30-45 dollars per hour.